Monday, January 4, 2010

Lessons Learned

Four days into 2010 and I am learning lots. Most of these lessons are being filed under "what is wrong with this generation: thank you ABC".

Quotes and reflections from tonight's episode of "The Bachelor"
  • "As a model, I am used to relying on my looks to get attention."
  • In her Ten Things about Me list Tenly (yep that is why she chose to reveal Ten things) said "I check my pride at the door" Gotta hand it to a girl who leads with her humility and broadcasts it on national tv.
After that riveting and all too devaluing episode, I had every intention of turning OFF the tv, but leave it to ABC to introduce a ridiculously awkward and unreal dating show.....Conveyor Belt of Love. The premise of this show is quite simple :35 men (paraded on a conveyor belt) are given one minute to impress a panel of five women.

Quotes from tonight's episode of "Conveyor Belt of Love"
  • "I'm not looking for anything serious...especially not marriage"
  • "I'm turning 30 soon so I'm really going to take Conveyor Belt of Love seriously"
  • Coming down the conveyor belt howling like a wolf, "hey ladies I hate being boRRREED"
  • "I really only date in the cougar category...32 and older"
  • "I thought I'd write you a poem so you all would understand who I am. The poem is called Enjoy Ecstasy"
  • "I kinda wish some girlfriend from my past would call me up and say 'hey your 15 year old son would like to meet you' and I would say 'cool!!"
  • After Keiko told Johnny "I want you to worship me" Johnny told the tv audience "I like her cuz she is straight to the point"
After subjecting myself to this "entertainment" for three hours all I can say is God save us from ourselves and Monday night television.

No comments:

Post a Comment