Friday, December 31, 2010

So Gather Up Your Jackets

And move it to the exits, I hope you have found a friend.

I am thankful for new years. Grateful for markers in time that signify the end of something and the start of something else. I am thankful that seasons of winter do not last forever. I am relieved that seasons of sorrow eventually and always give way to seasons of life, creativity, and beauty. This year has brought its share of sorrow and pangs of growth and change that I hope can only be followed by new life. This year has also been marked by the richness of friendships--those who have continued to walk with me, hope with me, and laugh with me.

So as Semisonic tells us....every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Whatever this next year brings face it with courage, hope, and a good amount of humor.

As one little Hobbit reflected on the darkness of his journey, he offered this outlook -"there is light and beauty up there that no shadow can touch".

And I think Sam is right.   

No comments:

Post a Comment